Thursday, December 31, 2009

New years resolutions



I never make resolutions because I don't like people bossing me around, even if that person is a very drunk or hopped up on a good day version of myself. No one tells this lady what to do, not even me. Mostly I careen through life with those little angel and devil versions of me sitting on my shoulder whispering in my ear. Most of the time, the good one wins, but sometimes not so much.

I often serve myself a little bigger serving of something yummy we are having for dinner ("you cooked it for crying out loud", my little devil shouts.) And sometimes when Jack is shouting for us to get up in the morning, I pretend I didn't hear him (duh). I'm embarrassed to admit (but only because Nipper, or as I should now call him "my conscience"), that I have hung up on people when the call got too boring and then pretended we got cut off. (doesn't everyone do that?)

It was only just recently that I realized that when people said "We should get together soon" they actually meant it, and it wasn't just a way of wrapping a conversation. I'm working on it...

So in 2010, I resolve to try to do what Nipper Knapp would do. He's got issues (hello OCD) but on the whole, he's a better man than me, and Jack and I are lucky to have him.

Happy New Year everybody! Hope we can all be better people in 2010. Because frankly we kind of cocked up 2009.

No comments:

Post a Comment