I have to make lists for everything now. The groceries, Jack's school things, bills that need to be paid, everything. If it's not written somewhere, I forget. So in honor of that, and because I figure I've got an hour before Charlie wakes up, and Jack and Nipper get back from swim class, and I need to fold the laundry, and eat a bowl of cheetos, so my ability to muster original material is limited.
Here are two of my lists. The first one is a list of the most often used phrases in our house this week. The second is a note that was generated on Facebook. Someone sent it to me, I can't remember who. I wouldn't say they aren't exactly fascinating, but they are random...
Most used phrases in the Nipper Knapp household this week:
My cooter hurts
Pull it down, you don't want it to grow out crooked!
Where the fuck is that fucking soothie?
I love you Jack Knapp
No you can't touch them, and they're on loan
I love you Charlie
Is that normal?
I love you Nipper Knapp
Do we love them? Yes we do
25 Random Facts about me
1. I love cinnamon ice cream, and really miss this place in San Francisco that made it right there in the shop. I ate it almost every night for 2 years. Yum!
2. I went to boarding school in Maine when I was 15, but ran away twice, once when I hitch hiked to Connecticut, then Boston, where I pan handled for money in Harvard square, then hopped a bus to NYC, then to Michigan, where, upon my arrival, my mother had me brought in by the police, and promptly sent me back to Maine. I stayed there another year and a half until my senior year when my Cuban boyfriend I ran away, slept in the woods, and then took a bus to Miami. My mother let me stay there for one whole week, before she sent for me, and I finished high school at the local catholic school in Ann Arbor Michigan
3. I was a really good kid
4. No seriously, it was just a weird time in my life
5. Becoming a mother is the best thing that every happened to me. I laugh and cry way more often.
6. I love sushi, but hate cooked fish. I could eat spicy tuna rolls, and salmon sushi at every meal. But I hate mercury poisoning so I don't
7. I love Jack White.
8. the greatest disappointment of my life is that I can't sing
9. When I graduated from college, I decided I wanted to learn to tap dance like Gene Kelly, because I loved him just a little bit. So I took tap class in a weird abandoned factory in San Francisco. Can't tap a single click. Another artistic tragedy.
10. I don't like humorless people or liars
11. I think that people who are really good at what they do are sexy
12. I can't hear Django Reinhardt music without dancing
13. I don't believe in god, but find myself praying sometimes anyway
14. I love cats, but hate their poop
15. I would really like someone to teach me the dance that Beyonce does in the video for "all the single ladies"
16. I used to think that I was a realist, but I'm starting to think that I might be a misanthrope
17. Nipper and I eat dark chocolate of some kind every day. I need to eat more vegetables
18. I love to flirt, but think I might have forgotten how to
19. I hate how much I love TV.
20. I have become obsessed with a quaker preschool that we can neither afford, nor, probably get into.
21. I love shoes. I used to have several hundred pairs. But I've had to cull my collection due to the ONE closet we have in our house.
22. I wish I new how to build things, and sort of want to be a set designer when I grow up.
23. I think Mary Louise Parker is sexy
24. Nipper Knapp saved my life
25. I'm a mac