Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Quantum Leap


The nesting phase of my pregnancy is over. I can barely look at my sewing machine or go into my office without thinking "look at all that crap, so much work, I need a nap" and then I eat 17 portions of something, and fall asleep. I'm like a narcoleptic obese person. But also cranky, and sometimes I cry for no reason.  

I've moved on to the anxiety, work dream, phase of my pregnancy. A few nights ago, I dreamt my agent called me at 3am to see if I could make an audition in Santa Monica by 5am, and oh there were lots of sides, and I had to be in camera ready hair and make-up. 


Last night I had a dream that I was in a sketch on SNL with Jason Sudeikis and Bill Hader. It was something about being at an airport, and Jason Sudeikis was playing the ticket agent and Bill Hader was my boyfriend. Except I didn't know my lines. It was like I had been dropped into the sketch Quantum Leap style, and I had no idea what was going. I knew I was on SNL, but you know, nothing else. But I was like "IMPROV! I CAN DO THIS!" So I just started making stuff up, and the audience was laughing, and Jason Sudeikis kept breaking, which made Bill Hader break, and I thought everything was going pretty well, until Hader turned to me and said under his breath "Lorne is totally going to fire your ass the minute this sketch is over" Noooooooooo!




Then we were in the dressing rooms, which for some reason were like fancy horse stables. I was trying to take pictures of all the girl cast members because they are my heros, but they were all just giving me sad "girl, you are about to get canned" faces. 


Then I woke up, peed, and spent the rest of the night going through every labor and delivery scenario available to my subconscious. My favorite ones being where I don't give birth in the back of the prius in rush hour traffic. 



No comments:

Post a Comment