Friday, June 25, 2010

tralalala, problem? what problem?

We live in the future. I called a guy, who knew a guy, who had the number for a guy he didn't know, but knew could help me. Then that guy remote controlled my computer, as in he moved the mouse around and fixed a bunch of stuff all the while sitting in HIS living room, who knows how many miles away, all the while doing pretty good imitations of The Iron Giant for Jack, who is now referring to him as the magic man in mommy's computer. I don't know yet if it's going to work. I made a pretty big error in the way that I imported the files from the camera to the computer, and then we made another big error in how we labeled them. I know how to make things pretty, but I don't know how to make them right. What we should have had on this project, since it was our first, was a tech adviser. But we didn't and what's done is done. 

In the meantime, this is pretty much all I can think of right now: 


It's the menu from an ice cream truck here in LA called Lake Street Creamery. Donut ice cream? Aztec sacrifice?! If someone could have them deliver a scoop of each of these to my face, not my house or my kitchen, but right to my face, right now, I think it might make up for a tiny portion of the stress test that was this day. Anyone out there in the interwebs know how to get that to happen? I mean we do after all live in the future....

3 comments:

  1. ...as in, "I'd like a triple scoop Aztec Sacrifice," and have it shoot through a USB-port straw right to your mouth? You're on to something. But it might have to be a milkshake. The Ice Cream Tech says, "What's your IP address and which flavor would you like today?" all in the same breath.

    I hope all your real problems have been fixed! Wishing you technological bliss.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was so funny! Poor thing. It's hard to be tech-illiterate, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm lucky, I sleep with my tech support guy.

    ReplyDelete