Thursday, July 1, 2010

fog, frog, flog... everything including the kitchen sink



In the last two days, I have lost my credit card, my retainer (nerds), my keys, my mind. The blender broke, and I really thought that Nipper, who has been on this big green smoothie kick (spinach!) was going to DIE. "WHAT will I eat?!" He's been moping. Today the kitchen sink decided to die, so Roberto is going to have come in and fix it. As in, he's going to have to replace the faucet which IS broken, and the sink, which is not, but I've been meaning to replace it for years, and now is as good a time as any, since he'll be in the uhm, you know, area of the sink anyway... He's (Roberto) out in the yard building Jack a tree house that has turned into kind of a McMansion. Whose life is this anyway???

Why yes, that is the piƱata from Jack's party TWO weeks ago. You got a problem with that?

I thought once the pilot was safely in a Fedex box on the way to NYC, we would collapse in a heap of relaxation and do nothingness. I am starting to realize that is never going to happen again. Having a child, and a job, and a husband, and a home means, NEVER HAVING NOTHING TO DO AGAIN. FOREVER. I'm feeling like I have gone down down down to crazytown in the last few weeks though. Like I have pregnancy brain minus the pregnancy. Between the Muffintop video, the pilot, WORK, Jack, the cake, the house...I'm not keeping it together very well. Or maybe I'm always like this...ssshhh.

The lego x-wing fighter that took two days to put together and 20 minutes to destroy. Good times. 

Nip and I are both SAG members (obv) and so, we pay dues twice yearly. For this we get health insurance, and safe sets, etc... We got our dues in April. They went onto the pile of bills for that week, that became the pile of bills for that month, that became the pile of bills for spring. It's not like I don't have the money to pay the bills. Just not the time. And then I forgot about them. Or ignored them. It's a fine line. So when we both booked jobs recently we came up as "station 12" with the union. Whoops. Not a big deal, I went online and paid the minute was informed of my delinquency. But you'd think that when that happened, I would have paid Nipper's as well. Nope. I didn't. So he texted me from set just now, that he needs me to pay his dues, this minute. As in he's sitting on set and the producer is running his paperwork, and oh he's "station 12". Embarrassing.

Next life I'm going to be SO organized. And thin.

2 comments:

  1. Wait: We can put in requests for our next lives?!? I must have missed that memo. Make mine a house on the beach with a literary-muscular-Native American pool boy, and no maternal instincts, please. And a side order of phenomenal metabolism.

    I ADORED your You Tube video. It was absolutely hysterical and made me spill my wine. (The wine didn't make it funnier. It was funny on its own.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh boy - which mom can't relate to that. And I only have one. On Monday my daughter had a slightly contagious infection in her eye, so I kept her home. Then she got a friend, the son of the lady who stays with us came to visit. He's 3 and a half, shes 16 months. Honestly, I have been cured of ever wanting another extra little one. EVER! I love my daughter, but I don't think all the love in the world would save their little necks if I had to rear 2 of them.

    As for requests for our next lifetime: I am going to be a dolphin, they get to swim and have sex all day. Plus they are always traveling.

    ReplyDelete