Monday, June 14, 2010

Feliz Navidad


This is my niece Anoushka. She's awesome. She's in kindergarten but next year she's going into second grade, because she's a genius. She's travelled to India three times and she's only 6. That flight would make me cry and pull my face off, but she handles it like a champ. She's cool. When she was 2 she flew to Australia with her parents. While they were groggy and jet-lagged trying to figure out the international plugs in the hotel bathroom, she piled all the pillows from the room on the floor making a ladder into her crib, and fell asleep. She'll probably be an astrophysicist or president or something like that. But no pressure.


Today I received confirmation that she does indeed share's my DNA. As some of you who know me know I love Christmas music. Mostly just old Christmas music like Nat King Cole, and The Rat Pack, and Ella Fitzgerald singing those old timey songs. But I also love me some Run D.M.C. Christmas is Hollis. I've been known to listen to it in July, and I even have a Pandora station that plays nothing but. So when my brother Josh sent me this picture this morning, I thought "Oh little one, the judgement you'll have to face in your life! I'll be there for you." It's June 13th. Never too early to let Santa know what you've got your eye on. That guy gets busy later in the year. Well done sugarplum. Santa is headed to the great internet mall workshop with your list right now.




In solidarity with my elvish kin, I made myself a gingerbread latte this morning. Yes. Yes I do have a secret stash of Starbucks gingerbread syrup in my kitchen. I'm hard core people. 


3 comments:

  1. I love that you do things that make you happy. I have to start planning stuff like that.

    Elvis said it was stuff like that, like your favorite sandwich when you wanted it, that made life happy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your espresso machine...it is beautiful...and your love of classic Christmas music. I am all about Christmas. I love it. It is my holiday. I drive my family insane with Christmas music. But I really do love that espresso machine.

    ReplyDelete