Tuesday, March 9, 2010

quilting by candlelight



Before I was a complete invalid last night, I got a little bit of sewing done in the pink room. Nip and I turned on a movie, he laid on the couch while I sewed at the desk. I mentioned before that I don't know what I'm doing. I just cut strips out of some old Anokhi sarongs from Simrane in Paris, and some old Heather Ross Mendocino fabric. I also had an old Anthropologie dust ruffle that I cut up because it fit my color scheme. I'm just sort of making my own pattern as I go, loosely based on the mix tape pattern by Oh, Fransson! I love finding a new use for all these pretty fabrics. We'll see how it turns out. Besides pink.



2 comments:

  1. dude! you have the octupi fabric from the etsy buckets!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do! But I only had a 1/4 yard. I've had it sitting in a drawer for years trying to figure out what pretty thing I can make with it. Did I mention I don't know what I'm doing? Hope I haven't wasted it!

    ReplyDelete