Saturday, March 20, 2010

The French Skinny Experiment


moi dans le jardins luxembourg, 9 months before Jack Knapp arrived with his poopy diaper and my back brace.

Went to the doctor and the doctor said "No more monkeys jumping on the bed!" How I wish that was my problem. His prescription is 3 weeks of physical therapy twice a week, advil, and no more 14lb Marc Jacobs bags on my left shoulder, and when I hold Jack I have to alternate. Bastard. Doesn't he know I've been carrying that 14lb bag since I WAS 14?! I've been cultivating this cripple since adolescence and he thinks he can just... Ok fine, I'll switch. But I'm going to have to rethink my entire wardrobe, the part in my hair, and possibly our neighborhood. I don't know if they let right shoulder purse ladies live in my neck of the woods.


In the meantime read The French Skinny Experiment. My two friends, one in Burbank, swoon, and the other in Paris, REAL swoon, are conducting an experiment. It involves crepes, toddlers, walking up and down stairs to do laundry, taking a lover, eating yogurt and small French apples, and lots of sex. I suggest starting at the beginning.

2 comments:

  1. Shall I take this as a cautionary tale and lighten my giant purple bag filled with dinosaurs and juice boxes? Major lifestyle change.

    The F. S. Experiment rules! (Imagine that spray painted as graffiti on your comments. I'm edgy.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love you. Bring your right shoulder purse self to my neck of the woods and lets eat some crêpes together. Maybe you can teach me how to take my 14lb bag off my left shoulder too and be as cool as you!

    ReplyDelete