Thursday, September 24, 2009

Jack Rocks

I've seen a number of friends on FB ask for other people's suggestions for good songs for a workout or gym mix. It got me thinking about our Jack playlists. Before Jack was born, I made a playlist for the delivery room. Nipper made a whole series of mixes to play in the car. Jack mix one through a million now. We just wanted to surround the little guy with good music. I guess in some way, we feel like if we fill his developing brain with the blues, maybe he'll have a natural aversion to Radio Disney when he hears it. A mom can dream. 


Here is a playlist of some of our favorites. The songs we find ourselves listening to over and over. The songs that make Jack say "AGAIN!" when they play in the car. I'd love it if people would send their favorites along, either in the comments section or in an email. No Barney please! Can't wait to see what you all are listening too!



King Kong Kitchie Kitchie Ki-Me-O, Chubby Parker and his Old Time Banjo
M79, Vampire Weekend
Why Do You Let Me Stay Here, She & Him
The Underdog, Spoon
Happy, Dick Siegel
You Ain't Goin' Nowhere, Glen Hansard & Marketa Irglova
That's Not My Name, The Ting Tings
All I Want Is You, Barry Louis Polisar
Sabotage, The Beastie Boys
When I'm Sixty-Four, The Beatles  
Home, Edward Sharpe & The Magnetic Zeros
Search and Destroy, Iggy & The Stooges
Peg & Awl, Carolina Tar Heels
Sea of Love, Cat Power
New Madrid, Uncle Tupelo
Gold Lion, Yeah Yeah Yeahs
Heeby-Beeby, Dick Siegel
We're Going to Be Friends, The White Stripes
All Around The Kitchen, Dan Zanes

3 comments:

  1. Do you listen to Old Crow Medicine Show?? Y'all would love it. My favorite song is "Wagon Wheel."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh lawdy, that be good sh!t!! Jack can come over & d.j. my par-tay anytime.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't have anything to add to list - however, I will be STEALING the list!!!! Hope Jack doesn't mind!!!!

    ReplyDelete