Thursday, September 1, 2011

I promised myself I wasn't going to blog tonight

best panty ever...

But I have 18minutes until the wash is ready to put in the dryer, so you, know, might as well offload some of the detritus. I mean, write something. 


It has come to my attention that some of you think that my attempts at making homemade underwear is a cry for help. I can assure you, this is merely a mark of my obsessive behavior, and not one of us being broke, or me being crazy. Oh, I mean, I'm CRAZY, but not "sews her own underpants crazy". Well, attempts to, but not does, and wears. Never mind. 


I shot pics for a company called Park Vogel years ago. Their clothes were the dreamiest. Vanessa, one of their designers is a "guru of textiles". They made cashmere sweaters, and fancy modal t-shirts, and for only one season, boy shorts and camisoles, made out of the most amazing cotton modal. In compensation for our photoshoots, which were for their lookbooks, I received, money, but also loads and loads of free clothes. Dream job. In the 3  or 4 seasons I shot for them, I got about 15 pairs of their underwear. I should have gotten 100 instead of the piles of cashmere that now sits in my closet unworn in this hot, hot, city. 


I have 3 pairs left, and they are in tatters. I've tried to wear other underwear, but nothing is as comfortable. They are whisper soft, the perfect shape, almost sheer they are so light, and 100% cotton. I'm welling up a little realizing that I might have to put some kind of cotton spandex blend near my lady business very very soon. Depressing. 


The camisoles that they sold with the underwear were super cute, and had a built in shelf bra, but in reality couldn't be worn if you were above a b cup, because your boobs just fell out. Not pretty. 


I thought I could cut apart one of my remaining pairs, make a pattern, and cut up the camisoles to use the amazing fabric for more panties. Uhm... you guys know I'm sleep deprived, right? 


Not as cute

I'll spare you the details, but it didn't turn out so well, and I'm abandoning ship. I couldn't cut the fabric straight enough. Can't find the right lace, and OH, I am terrible at sewing neat little seams. Someone recommended ongossamer cabana cotton boyshorts. I'll try them, but I'm not getting my hopes up. 


OH MY GOD I JUST WENT LOOKING FOR A PICTURE OF THE UNDERWEAR AND REALIZED I WROTE THIS SAME POST ALREADY A YEAR AGO. LORD HELP ME! I'VE BEEN WEARING HOLEY UNDERWEAR FOR OVER A YEAR. AND I'M REBLOGGING ABOUT IT! #depressing

No comments:

Post a Comment